This grade II* bridge was built in 1869, and is a very early example of the use of concrete. The bridge spans the boundaries of Alburgh and Wortwell in Norfolk, and Homersfield in Suffolk. The Trust has been concerned about the bridge for several years but negotiations were hampered by problems of multiple ownership.
The bridge was eventually acquired compulsorily by Norfolk County Council and was passed on to the Trust in 1994.
The Bridge after repair
Extensive repairs were completed in 1995, with grant aid from English Heritage, Norfolk County Council, Suffolk County Council, South Norfolk District Council and Waveney District Council, the Upper Waveney Project, Homersfield Parish Council and Blue Circle Cement.